Graduation and Senior End-of-Year Activities
The Class of 2021 will graduate on Friday, May 28 at Grace Church in Middleburg Heights (7393 Pearl Road). 2 tickets per graduate will be available to families. Graduation will be live streamed on this page.
End-of-Year Senior Dates:
Thursday, April 29: Cap and Gown Distribution - after school (following 10th period through 3:30 PM) outside the Welcome Center
Wednesday, May 12: Last day in class for seniors; seniors will follow their normal class schedule
Thursday, May 13: Seniors' Official Last Day and Graduation Practice
- Seniors may wear college apparel and jeans
- Senior Breakfast in Lutheran West parking lot starting at 6:00 AM
- Last Chapel for seniors
- Mandatory graduation practice in the Jochum Performing Arts Center; seniors MUST attend practice in order to participate in the actual ceremony on 5/28.
- Lunch provided to seniors by the Lutheran West Alumni Association
- All classwork must be complete by this date.
Friday, May 14: No school for seniors
Saturday, May 15: Senior Prom at the Cleveland Yachting Club (Rocky River); 6:30 PM - 11:30 PM. Tickets will be available at school on May 4, 5, and 6.
Monday, May 17 - Friday, May 21: No school for seniors
Friday, May 28: Graduation
Graduation Information for Seniors and Families
- Seniors must attend graduation practice on Tuesday, 5/13 in order to participate in the 5/28 graduation ceremony.
- Gowns should be pressed with a cool iron prior to Graduation. Seniors receiving honors cords will receive them at Grace Church just prior to the ceremony.
- Tickets (available in May) are free (2 tickets per graduate). No seat reservations.
- Doors open to seniors and ticketed guests at 6:30 PM.
- Seniors must report to the Cafe at Grace Church promptly at 6:30 PM.
- Seniors will receive their diplomas immediately following the graduation service when they report back to the Grace Church Cafe.
- Due to COVID protocols, there will be no post-ceremony reception this year.
- Dress code: shirt & ties with dress pants for males and dress/skirt/dress pants for females; please keep clothing in the spirit of the Lutheran West dress code. No tennis shoes, sandals, flip-flops or shorts are permitted for graduates.
- Masks required for graduates and guests