Graduation Requirements for Members of
The Senney Honors Academy
The Senney Honors Academy at Lutheran West presents a rigorous curriculum to challenge students to an even higher level of achievement. Students focus on developing a vast array of analytical thinking skills, achieving strong standardized test scores, and preparing for success at the collegiate level. The Honors Academy also ensures that students have opportunities to model servant leadership by fostering relationships with a variety of local, national, and global non-profit organizations.
To earn a Lutheran West diploma with recognition from The Senney Honors Academy, students will meet the standards listed below:
• Enroll in the Honors Seminar each semester.
• Attend the Honors Seminar each week, except in the case of an excused absence.
• Achieve a grade of "B" or higher in the Honors Seminar each semester.
Service Internship:• Complete a minimum of 40 hours of a Service Internship.• SHA members are required to complete at least 10 hours per year.Service opportunities are made available throughout the school year and summer. For a complete listing of approved service agencies, click here.
• Participate in two extra-curricular activities each year (includes sports, arts, intramurals, clubs).
Extra-curricular activities are listed in the Lutheran West Handbook.
• Earn 10 Advanced Placement (AP) / Honors / College Credit Plus (CCP) credits before graduation.
• Take the Advanced Placement (AP) exam for each AP course taken. Lutheran West will reimburse the cost of the AP exam if the student achieves a score of three or higher.
• Maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA each semester
• One semester below a 3.5 GPA will result in the student being placed on academic probation within The Senney Honors Academy.
• Two semesters below a 3.5 GPA may result in dismissal from The Senney Honors Academy.